Monday 17 September 2012

the long hair debate

I'm definately not the first person to admit I spend way too much time browsing Pinterest.  Especially of an evening when all the kids have gone to bed.

I stumbled upon this picture...

Now in 2009 I had a very similar cut, it was easy(ish) to maintain and after having long hair it felt liberating to chop it all off.  This cut in my opinion is lovely!
 Fast forward 2012 and my hair is long again now, longer than its been for a long time!  Not intentionally, I just have an allergy to the hairdressers and tend to visit maybe once a year, no joke! I can honestly tell you I have not been to a hairdresser since that chop in 2009!!! 

So... I saw this pic on Pininterest and mentioned to an unnamed friend that I really think it's time I go for something like this again....


and here comes the debate.  Her response was I must not as I need to enjoy having long hair while I can because once you're 'old' long hair just doesn't look right so I'll have the rest of my life to wear it short...

WHAT??!!!

Apparently, in her humble opinion and many others for that matter (I've been on Google) long hair should be avoided as we age...

HHHMMMMM..... really?....

Like I said I've been on Google...

c/o http://www.theage.com.au


c/o http://soloroadtrip.com

c/o beautifulhairstyles.com

c/c  http://www.telegraph.co.uk

What do you think, can women of a certain age (I don't even know what age we're talking here?!) pull off long hair or do you prefer it cut short and neat?...




















No comments:

Post a Comment